Mountaineers Hosting LUNAFEST!

LUNAFEST is a traveling film festival of award-winning short films by, for and about women. Join us on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at the Seattle Program Center to see the films!
The Mountaineers The Mountaineers
October 24, 2016
Mountaineers Hosting LUNAFEST!

The Mountaineers is hosting the Seattle premiere of LUNAFEST, a traveling short film festival by, for, and about women  on Thursday, November 3, 2016!

The Mountaineers was founded in 1906 by 151 visionary members, over half - 77! -  of whom were women. As an organization supporting people who challenge themselves, we are thrilled to be hosting LUNAFEST this fall!


LUNAFEST is a traveling film festival of short films made by women, for women, about women. Created in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, LUNAFEST connects women, their stories, and their causes through film.

The film festival will visit more than 175 cities throughout the 2016/17 season (October-June) and screen in front of 25,000 people.

Embedly Powered
via Vimeo

LUNAFEST is also a great fundraiser for local nonprofits, like The Mountaineers. Of every dollar raised, 85% goes directly to The Mountaineers. The other 15% goes towards LUNAFEST's main beneficiary, the Breast Cancer Fund, which is dedicated to eliminating the environmental causes of breast cancer.

The evening will consist of nine films - filled with stories of reflection, hope and humor. The program lasts about 90 minutes. For more information about the playlist, LUNAFEST and other details, please visit: 

Want to attend LUNAFEST? 

Tickets on sale now!

  • $10 for Mountaineers Members
  • $12 for General Admission and Day of Sales

Doors open at 6pm, showtime starts at 7pm.

Buy Tickets

HUGE thanks to our beer and cider sponsors: