- *Upcoming* Events
- May 24, 2015 Mary Poppins Kitsap Forest Theater
- May 25, 2015 MEMORIAL DAY-OFFICE CLOSED Seattle Program Center
- May 25, 2015 Mary Poppins Kitsap Forest Theater
- May 25, 2015 Tacoma Branch Council Meeting - Boardroom Tacoma Program Center
- May 26, 2015 Meet the Mountaineers Info Session Seattle Program Center
- May 30, 2015 Mountain Workshop - Wild Skills Youth Initiatives Event Seattle Program Center
Are you a new or prospective member? Come learn about upcoming courses, activities, and events going on with The Mountaineers on Tuesday, May 26 at 6:30pm.
Snag your tickets for the Kitsap Forest Theater's spring and summer shows: Mary Poppins and Shrek The Musical!
For over a decade, I've been leading global adventures to elevations well over 20,000 feet. I've been lucky enough not to experience altitude illness myself, but I have witnessed rescues in the places I have visited. Staying knowledgeable and aware of your body at the changing elevations is key to preventing illness.
The Land and Water Conservation Fund - the foundation for our access to outdoor recreation, conserving outdoor spaces, and helping insure equal access for all Americans - is threatened. Read more to learn what you can do.
"Leaders" are the people who put on most of what our programs do! They teach courses, lead trips, and generally fulfill every aspect of our mission. Read about their privileges and responsibilities.
While descending from camp following a successful climb of Eldorado, a climber dislocates her shoulder after hitting a wet spot on the final stretch of slabs.
I love the commitment that the Mountaineers has to the community, the environment and its members. We are always trying to grow, improve and lead by example. Volunteers have a voice here and there is such a commitment to excellence it's inspiring to be a part of that process."