- *Upcoming* Events
- May 04, 2016 Adventure Speaker Series - Backcountry Foods Workshop-Dixie Havlak, R.D. The Friends Center
- May 07, 2016 Basic Photography Course Seattle Program Center
- May 10, 2016 Long-Distance Backpacking Clinic Redmond Library
- May 11, 2016 YOUR MISSION: PROTECT THE OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE Sheraton Seattle Hotel - Metropolitan Ballroom
- May 14, 2016 Fifty Year Member Luncheon Seattle Program Center
- May 16, 2016 Foothills Branch Leadership Council Meeting Issaquah City Hall Eagle Room
In 1984, research scientist Mauri Pelto her long-time field assistant Tom Hammond started studying how climate change is affecting glaciers of the Pacific Northwest and launched the North Cascades Glacier Climate Project (NCGCP). The goal was to study the impacts of climate change across an entire mountain range.
When I was looking for a change in my life, I turned to The Mountaineers, where I found a community that welcomed me into a world of outdoor fun and adventure. My experiences are only made possible through the generous support of our Mountaineers community. Donate today!
Learn some tips and tricks to help you prepare for an overnight trip from PCT thru hiker Sarah McCroy.
Momentum continues to build for the Wild Olympics Wilderness and Wild & Scenic Rivers Act. More than 550 groups have signed on to support permanent protections for the area's treasured lands and rivers.
Join us for our inaugural fundraising breakfast event on Wednesday, May 11.
The Mountaineers are partnering with SheJumps in Seattle and Tacoma to create a special day for girls age 6-12 to learn outdoor and climbing skills.
The Mountaineers is a wonderful organization that affords people the agency to get outside in a meaningful way. I appreciate the weight placed on safety and skill building, and am continually impressed by the work of countless volunteers within The Mountaineers. The quality instruction and inspiration I receive from The Mountaineers motivates me to stay outside with them. "