- *Upcoming* Events
- November 27-29, 2015 Thanksgiving weekend at Baker Lodge Baker Lodge
- December 02, 2015 An Appalachian Trail Evening with Heather "Anish" Anderson Seattle Program Center
- December 04, 2015 Open Climb Night Seattle Program Center
- December 05, 2015 2015 Fostering Leadership Conference Seattle Program Center
- December 09, 2015 Banff Mountain Film Festival @ The Neptune Neptune Theater
- December 10, 2015 Banff Mountain Film Festival @ The Neptune Neptune Theater
Lynsey Dyer is a professional adventurer. Many of you know her as a professional skier, but she’s also a photographer, artist, and now, feature filmmaker. In 2007 she founded SheJumps, a nonprofit organization devoted to increasing women’s participation in the outdoors.
Our Foothills Branch is launching a new series of seminars and 'teaching hikes' aimed to introduce new hikers and new-to-the-northwest hikers to our lovely backcountry areas, and help them become safety-minded, responsible-trail citizens.
Instructors can now add textbooks to course listings, making it quick and easy for students to purchase required reading when registering for a the class.
We love deals on gear as much as the next person, and we applaud REI and their #OptOutside message this holiday season. We'd really rather play in the new snow with our friends and families for the Thanksgiving holiday!
We're honored to be recognized in Outside Magazine's Best Places To Work for 2015. Each year, OUTSIDE recognizes the top 100 companies in the United States helping their employees strike the ideal balance between work and play.
In September 2015, Heather "Anish" Anderson set the fastest known time to hike the Appalachian Trail unsupported. Hear her trail story plus see a riveting National Geographic film about the Appalachian Trail!
I love the commitment that the Mountaineers has to the community, the environment and its members. We are always trying to grow, improve and lead by example. Volunteers have a voice here and there is such a commitment to excellence it's inspiring to be a part of that process."