- *Upcoming* Events
- February 11, 2016 New Hike-Backpack Leader Seminar - Eastside Mercer Island Library
- February 11, 2016 Sea Kayak Expeditions 101 Seattle Program Center
- February 12-15, 2016 Baker Lodge President's Day Long Weekend Baker Lodge
- February 12, 2016 Open Climb Night Seattle Program Center
- February 15, 2016 Bookstore and Office CLOSED Seattle Program Center
- February 16, 2016 Wilderness First Aid Scenarios Seattle Program Center
Each year, the Seattle Branch hosts a dinner to thank all the volunteers across our seven branches. Particularly impactful volunteers are also selected by each branch and the Board of Directors to receive Service and Leadership awards. We applaud the efforts of volunteers to make The Mountaineers a leading conservation and recreation organization in the world!
If you use Black Diamond runners or carabiners now is the time to check your gear!
If you have plans to visit the Seattle Program Center in February, please be advised of traffic revisions on Sand Point Way just north of the clubhouse.
Due to increasingly high use, the Forest Service is expanding permitted access to the Enchantments. We support their efforts to balance access while protecting the outdoor experience for generations to come.
When smart people make poor decisions.
Many experienced hikers and backpackers have found great personal satisfaction and growth and new trail companions by becoming a Mountaineers hike or backpack leader. This evening seminar provides some basic information and leadership training for those interested in taking this path.
The Mountaineers is a wonderful organization that affords people the agency to get outside in a meaningful way. I appreciate the weight placed on safety and skill building, and am continually impressed by the work of countless volunteers within The Mountaineers. The quality instruction and inspiration I receive from The Mountaineers motivates me to stay outside with them. "