Meet your fellow Mountaineers and learn how to get involved, buy or sell some great used gear, and stay for our feature presentation on kayaking the San Juans!
Only fully discovered in 2011, the Sandy Glacier Caves on Mount Hood are the largest and most extensive glacier cave system in the lower 48. Read about the adventures of three of our members who explored them.
Each year, the Seattle Branch hosts a dinner to thank all the volunteers across our seven branches. Particularly impactful volunteers are also selected by each branch and the Board of Directors to receive Service and Leadership awards. We applaud the efforts of volunteers to make The Mountaineers a leading conservation and recreation organization in the world!
Meet your fellow Mountaineers and find out what we're all about! Then, stay for our feature presentation: "Ama Dablam: Expedition Life in the Himalaya" by Tacoma Mountaineer Carrie Kavanaugh
Join your fellow lovers of the Snow Less Traveled, for a fun and fabulous evening at Bellevue, Seattle, or Tacoma showings of the 11th Annual Backcountry Film Festival! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, families welcome!
The Mountaineers Board of Directors this year approved the development of the organization's first online courses, with "Wilderness Navigation" as the pilot. It will be offered in this alternative format beginning in February.
- *upcoming* Events
- February 15, 2016 AIARE 1 Avalanche Course #3 Tacoma Program Center
- February 16, 2016 Learn to Belay Tacoma Program Center
- February 17, 2016 AIARE 1 Avalanche Course #3 Tacoma Program Center
- February 18, 2016 Used Gear Sale & Third Thursday Open House Tacoma Program Center
- February 19, 2016 Climb Planning Social Tacoma Program Center
- February 20, 2016 Private Event - George Unruh - Great Hall Tacoma Program Center