Each year, the Seattle Branch hosts a dinner to thank all the volunteers across our seven branches. Particularly impactful volunteers are also selected by each branch and the Board of Directors to receive Service and Leadership awards. We applaud the efforts of volunteers to make The Mountaineers a leading conservation and recreation organization in the world!
If you have plans to visit the Seattle Program Center in February, please be advised of traffic revisions on Sand Point Way just north of the clubhouse.
Join the Seattle Branch as it welcomes volunteers from across the organization on January 30, 2016.
With altimeter technology increasingly incorporated into different pieces of equipment, we have to ask, "how reliable are they as tools for backcountry navigation?" Steve McClure, Mountaineers Board Member and Seattle Branch Navigation Committee, recently published this review in Seattle Navigation's "Navigation Northwest".
Join your fellow lovers of the Snow Less Traveled, for a fun and fabulous evening at Bellevue, Seattle, or Tacoma showings of the 11th Annual Backcountry Film Festival! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, families welcome!
The Mountaineers Board of Directors this year approved the development of the organization's first online courses, with "Wilderness Navigation" as the pilot. It will be offered in this alternative format beginning in February.
- *upcoming* Events
- February 07, 2016 Seattle Basic Climbing - Field Trip #2 Seattle Program Center
- February 07, 2016 CANCELED - OutThere Adventures Seattle Program Center
- February 07, 2016 Intermediate Review Practice Session Seattle Program Center
- February 08, 2016 Seattle Basic Climbing Student Skills Practice Seattle Program Center
- February 08, 2016 Seattle AIARE Lecture 1 of 3 Seattle Program Center
- February 09, 2016 John Muir Mountain Workshop Camp Long