Placeholder Routes & Places

Trip Report    

Basic Alpine Climb - The Tooth/South Face

Enjoyable climb in glorious weather despite iffy forecast.

  • Road suitable for all vehicles

Weather forecast says 30% chance rain, which means 70% chance no rain.  The weather turns out great, leaves are red and very colorful.

Congratulations to Marcus and Bryce for graduating from the basic course.  Thanks to Diana for the mentoring.  We finally made it happen.

The rappel stations are cleaned up on the mountain, someone must cut all old slings in various place.  The big surprise for me is the belay/rappel anchor on the summit using rock horn is gone.  The rappel can be done from the tree on the skier's left, which is a better choice in my opinion, because the rappel route will not mingle with climb route.

Below is the record from Diana.

8.5 hrs RT, with two single rope rappels and no traffic

704 Start
915 Pineapple Pass
958 First rope starts
1145 All summit
1210 Start rappel
1534 End

 

Add a comment

Log in to add comments.
Diana Yuen
Diana Yuen says:
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 10:18 PM

It should be noted that we did two single rope rappels with a 70m that required a little bit of downclimbing after each rappel.