Alpine Scramble - Silver 5605

Silver 5605

COVID-19: Learn about our most up-to-date guidance for participants and leaders on our COVID-19 Response page. All participants and leaders must agree to the COVID-19 Code of Conduct before participating in this Mountaineers activity.
9:00 AM at Exit 22 Park'n'Ride lot,
Students may have noticed that, as the season has gone on, our leaders have gotten frisky and are listing more challengeing trips. This ain't one of those! This is intended to be a relatively-easy trip at a relatively-modest pace. The express purpose is to furnish a late-season trip for any STUDENTS who still need a Rock or Other trip to graduate. PLEASE wait until Thursday 9/27 to sign up if you are NOT a student needing such a trip. We will do this trip from Windy Pass above Snoqualmie Pass, not the longer, harder trip from the Annette Lake trail. The driving time from Seattle is only about an hour, the trip should be no harder than one of the easier peaks at the Teanaway field trip, the meeting time is deliberately set so that people can get a decent night's sleep. It's unlikely that we'll be on snow or need our ice axes. In other words, if you've just been too busy to get in that last trip, or aren't in the very best of condition, or have concerns about the more challenging S4 and S5 trips that are being listed, then this trip should be right up your alley...! HOWEVER, this will still be an off-trail scramble with some modest feeling of rock exposure. The leader has 20+ years of experience instructing at field trips, so please consider this a student instructional if you want to work on your rock skills on a relatively short, easy, close-in, less-threatening trip (because the meet-time is later than usual, please respect it so that we can get a move on!). But, again, it will still be a scramble, and you must be in at least fair condition and you must have a positive attitude toward trying to get your final trip in. Also, PLEASE do not cancel on Friday. If you learn that you need to cancel, please take yourself off the trip by Thursday night so that wait-listers have a fair shot at the trip. If you have other concerns, please call me (206) 632 3266 or email me ( to discuss. At the moment, the long-range forecast is for partly sunny weather.
Required Equipment

Required Equipment

The Ten Essentials
Trip Reports