Each year, the Seattle Branch hosts a dinner to thank all the volunteers across our seven branches. Particularly impactful volunteers are also selected by each branch and the Board of Directors to receive Service and Leadership awards. We applaud the efforts of volunteers to make The Mountaineers a leading conservation and recreation organization in the world!
The Mountaineers Board of Directors this year approved the development of the organization's first online courses, with "Wilderness Navigation" as the pilot. It will be offered in this alternative format beginning in February.
This year we give thanks for you - our community. For changing attitudes and changing values. This goes a long way towards changing lives. Happy Thanksgiving.
Instructors can now add textbooks to course listings, making it quick and easy for students to purchase required reading when registering for a the class.
We love deals on gear as much as the next person, and we applaud REI and their #OptOutside message this holiday season. We'd really rather play in the new snow with our friends and families for the Thanksgiving holiday!
The National Outdoor Leadership School, Outward Bound, and Student Conservation Association are hosting the 22nd Annual Wilderness Risk Management Conference in October. The Mountaineers is sending four volunteers.
- *upcoming* Events
- February 09, 2016 Instructor & Leader Review Columbian Hall
- February 16, 2016 Basic Climbing- Lecture #1 Columbian Hall
- February 20, 2016 Basic Climbing FT #1, Basic Skills Workshop TBD
- February 23, 2016 Olympia's Used Gear Sale w/Olympia Gear Exchange Columbian Hall
- February 26, 2016 Olympia Hike Leader & Prospective Hike Leaders Gathering Mercato's