|Seattle: Sea Kayaking: From the February Committee meeting...|
|Mon, March 20, 2006 10:52 AM|
From the February 2006 SK Committee meeting: |
Communication: Steve reported:
Equivalency: No updates at this time.
- There is still no instant notification of postings for the Seattle branch Community. There doesnt seem to be a problem in the system for the Olympia branch as he does get notifications from them.
- Steve wondered if maybe Trip leaders should have another learning session on how to set up trips. Perhaps prepare a document with instructions and screen shots to walk leaders through setting up a trip using the Online Activities Database.
- Steve feels it would be good if the Basic Class students were automatically able to login so they can get information. The mentors could talk about this during the class so everyone would provide their e-mail addresses. The web site is the best place for trip information. A suggestion was made that an instruction sheet on how to access the trip site could be included in the Student Manual.
Leadership: Steve noted that Ron Jones might come and present proposed changes to the Minimum Standards document.
Safety: No updates at this time.
Social: No updates at this time.
Training: Mike reported:
Treasurer: No updates at this time.
- The three Nigel Foster Blended Strokes clinics were well attended.
- Carol, Mike Kennedy, and Bill McKenzie are presenting a pre-Three Star training class. It will be held at Matthews Beach.
- Bill has proposed another Forward Strokes Clinic at the Mt Baker Rowing Club. He has more teaching/training equipment for these types of classes.
Trips: Leslie noted that she received an e-mail from Bob Weathers. Bobs BC trip has filled since he advertised it. Tom Barnhart has sent in several trips. No student trips are advertised this early.
Basic Class: No updates at this time.
- New position: Mike made a motion to the Committee that a new chair position be created. George Swapp seconded the motion. By unanimous approval Sarah Miller holds the position of Naturalist. Sarah will post articles on the web, thereby tying in nature with trips.
- March meeting: The next committee meeting is to be held 7 March. The mentor meeting is to be held on 8 March. George will see if the meetings can be combined and held at the REI facility and cancel the room being held at the Mountaineers. George will also contact the BSK class coordinators to see the progress of the manuals, mentors, pool volunteers, etc.
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 7 March at 7:00 PM at REI.