Mt Si Old Trail
Seattle Alpine Scrambling
Issaquah Transit Center
Note that winter scrambles are open only to GRADUATES of the Scramble or Basic Climbing class. Students of either one must wait until next year to participate
The Destination Granite Mtn and West Granite Mtn near Snoqualmie Pass.
Here is a link to a map centered on the peak:
Note: You can make plans for Saturday evening. I have to be back in Issaquah no later than 5:00 PM, (we will probably be back before then).
Meet at the Issaquah Transit Center (I-90 Exit 15, then 1/2 south on the left), at 7:00 AM. Call me on my cell phone at 425-442-6411 if you are running late and want us to wait for you.
- Ice Axe is always required.
- Snowshoes with aggressive points on the bottom such as MSR.
- Crampons and Helmet are required for this trip. The south ridge can be very icy.
- Avalanche beacon, shovel, probe and the skills to use them are highly recommended but not required for participation.
- USFS Forest Pass is required for this trailhead
We will go up the south ridge, traverse north west to West-Granite, then drop back down either via the south ridge or the west slope.
I would encourage you to review and print the map. If you can't get the 'Mapping Support' print feature to work, Press Ctrl-PrntScr to copy the screen Image to the clipboard, paste it into the Microsoft Paint program, crop it to size, and print it out. Please don't show up without map compass and the skills to use them.