See Leader Notes
I'll be coming from the Wenatchee area and will meet you at the Smith Brook parking area trailhead.
To get there from Puget Sound:
* Drive US-2 east to Stevens Pass
* Continue eastbound another 5.7 miles
* Turn LEFT off of US-2 eastbound lanes opposite the Stevens Pass Nordic Center entrance
* In 0.2 miles, turn LEFT again onto the US-2 westbound lanes(watch out for oncoming traffic from your right!)
* Travel 1.5 miles westbound to a widened and plowed shoulder of US-2 which is the parking area and trailhead.
Neither a Forest Pass nor a SnowPark Pass is required.
Be sure to fill in your carpool preferences when you sign up. The Program Center will post contact information of those offering and requesting rides by early Friday afternoon. It's then up to you to make your own rideshare arrangements.
I'll email more detailed information and maps in JPEG format to participants before the trip.