Basic Crewing/Sailing Course - Seattle
04/01/14 (Tue) - 04/29/14 (Tue)
Seattle Mountaineers clubhouse
Member: $115.00 / Non Member: $180.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
LET'S GO SAILING!
Completion of course puts you on the crew list for FREE Mountaineers sails!
- Rig a sloop-rigged sailboat.
- Assist in departing from and arriving at a dock under power.
- Have a basic understanding of sail trim and sailboat maneuvering.
- Understand basic personal gear requirements and safety practices for sailing under conditions which may be encountered during Mountaineers sails.
- Be able to function as a crew member during a sail.
- Have a basic understanding of charts and navigation aids.
Course graduation requirements:
- Attendance at all four classroom sessions; Tuesdays, April 1, 8, 22, and 29, 6:30-9:30 pm at the Seattle Mountaineers Program Center.
- Attendance at one On-the-Dock/ First Training Sail session during the week of April 15. There will be many to choose from.
- Attendance at two experience sails - dates to be determined after course starts.
SIGN UP NOW!!
Last year over 100 sailing trips were offered by our gracious skipper volunteers on their own personal sail boats. You can be a part of that and it's free! Just take the class and you will be certified for life! See you on the water!