Aid & Big Wall Climbing Seminar - Seattle
03/20/13 (Wed) - 05/19/13 (Sun)
Member: $350.00 / Non Member: $425.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The goal for first year members is to swing leads on moderate (C2), multipitch aid climbs. Additional practice and proficiency is a must before being ready to attempt big wall routes such as those in Yosemite.
The goal for continuing members is to improve speed and efficiency, become proficient at solo aid, develop "good form," learn basic rescue techniques, wall bivies and practice solving other wall problems.
1. Significant rock climbing experience at the Intermediate or Crag level,
2. Membership in The Mountaineers, and
3. Paying the Aid & Big Wall Seminar fee.
Applicants are expected to have swung leads on at least five multipitch routes of 5.6 or higher. At least two should have been 5.7 or higher, and at least one a long route like the North Ridge of Mt. Stuart or Royal Arches.
1. Completion of Intro to Aid Climbing, Self Rescue, or equivalent,
2. Attend Meetings 1-4,
3. Successfully complete all four practice sessions,
4. Swing leads and complete two multipitch aid climbs,
1. Successful completion of first year requirements or
2. Advanced Status. [Climbers with aid experience equivalent to the First Year can petition to join the seminar and become continuing participants.]
1. Help at some field trips, with facility improvements, or with the Aid & Big Wall Subcommittee.
2. Climb! Climb! Climb!
1. Lost Arrow Awards go the those successfully climbing Lost Arrow Spire Tip in Yosemite.
2. Wall Climber Awards will go to everyone successfully completing a Grade V Wall.
3. Wall Rat Awards will go to everyone successfully completing a Grade VI Wall.
[Slight adjustment to contents.] If interested, please contact leader with a short climbing resume for approval to register. An Intro to Aid seminar is being planned a week or two prior to first Field Trip, if you are uncertain as to your capability or commitment.
The following are tentative dates for planning purposes. Please let the leader know if you would like the dates adjusted.
8 AM, Saturday March 23rd - Introductions 7 PM, Wednesday, April 10th - Hauling ... More
This is no longer open for registration