The Castle (Tatoosh)/E Ridge (winter)
Carolyn Graham (Qualified Youth Leader)
I’ll pick the day with the most favorable conditions. Please keep your schedule open for either Saturday OR Sunday. We’ll need a moderate or low avy forecast and the road to Paradise will need to open relatively early in the day. Here’s some beta: http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7983682&highlight=the+castle
The approach is looking like about 2.5 miles and 2200’ gain, with a portion of that along Steven’s Canyon Road. We'll use snowshoes on the approach (no skis). The route is described as 1/2 pitch (40’) of class 4 (boots). I expect we’ll have time for more than 1 person to lead the route but probably not room for more than 3-4 on the route at one time.
If we have time, energy, suitable conditions, and interest, we can also try Pinnacle via the S Route (Basic Alpine)/T5 Scramble in summer, BA snow climb in winter.
If avy is unsuitable I will propose a winter scramble nearby, or elsewhere if the weather is nasty.