Basic Crewing/Sailing Course - Tacoma
04/01/13 - 06/09/13
Tacoma Mountaineers Program Center
Member: $115.00 / Non Member: $150.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
* Rig a sloop-rigged sailboat.
* Assist in departing from and arriving at a dock under power.
* Have a basic understanding of sail trim and sailboat maneuvering.
* Understand basic personal gear requirements and safety practices for sailing under
conditions which may be encountered during Mountaineers' sails.
* Be able to function as a crew member during a sail.
* Have a basic understanding of charts and navigation aids.
Course graduation requirements:
* Attendance at all three classroom sessions:
Monday, April 1, 8, and 15 from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Tacoma Mountaineers
* Attendance at one On-the-Dock/ First Training Sail session 6 or 7 April.
* Attendance at second Training Sail Session,13 or 14 April.
* Attendance at two experienced sails - dates to be determined after course starts.