Glacier Skiing/Snowboarding and Crevasse Rescue - Foothills
04/23/13 - 05/19/13
Seattle Mountaineers' Building, 7700 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle
Member: $175.00 / Non Member: $275.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- metal edge skis and climbing skins or snowboard with an uphill climbing system (skins, approach skis or snowshoes)
- avalanche probe
- avalanche transceiver
- crevasse rescue equipment
To participate in the course,
- Have either graduated or obtained equivalency for the Basic Avalanche course. Request equivalency by sending your avalanche course certificate and Mountaineers number or user id to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least one week prior to the first course workshop, complete and send the course pre-work described in the Course Syllabus to the course leader (see instructions below for access the course material).
- Print the course material (see instructions below for access the course material).
Access the course material at Foothills: Glacier Skiing/Snowboarding and Crevasse Rescue course material.
|4/23/13||Introduction, Glacier Travel and Equipment||6:30 pm|
|4/25/13||Optional Equipment, Knots and Belaying Practice||7:00 pm|
|4/30/13||Knots and Belaying Workshop||6:30 pm|
|5/2/13||Optional Knots, Belaying and Prusiking Practice||7:00 pm|
|5/7/13||Knots, Belaying and Prusiking Workshop||6:30 pm|
|5/9/13||Optional Crevasse Rescue Systems Practice||7:00 pm|
|5/14/13||Crevasse Rescue Systems Workshop||6:30 pm|
|5/18/13||Field Trip, Mt. Rainier National Park||8:30 am|
|5/19/13||Field Trip, Mt. Rainier National Park||7:30 am|
|5/21/13||Graduation Celebration and Course Improvements||6:30 pm|