Basic Crewing/Sailing Course - Seattle
04/02/13 (Tue) - 04/30/13 (Tue)
Member: $115.00 / Non Member: $180.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
LET'S GO SAILING!
Completion of course puts you on the crew list for FREE Mountaineers sails!
- Rig a sloop-rigged sailboat.
- Assist in departing from and arriving at a dock under power.
- Have a basic understanding of sail trim and sailboat maneuvering.
- Understand basic personal gear requirements and safety practices for sailing under conditions which may be encountered during Mountaineers sails.
- Be able to function as a crew member during a sail.
- Have a basic understanding of charts and navigation aids.
Course graduation requirements:
- Attendance at all four classroom sessions; Tuesdays, April 1, 8, 22, and 29, 6:30-9:30 pm at the Seattle Mountaineers Program Center.
- Attendance at one On-the-Dock/ First Training Sail session during the week of April 15. There will be many to choose from.
- Attendance at two experience sails - dates to be determined after course starts.
SIGN UP NOW!!
This is the best sailing deal in the Pacific Northwest due to the generosity of the volunteer skipper/instructors who donate their own time and personal sailboats each year.
This is no longer open for registration