Basic Sea Kayaking Course - Seattle
04/17/13 (Wed) - 08/31/13 (Sat)
Seattle Sea Kayaking
Seattle Mountaineers Clubhouse
Member: $225.00 / Non Member: $300.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Equipment used in coastal kayaking.
- Cold water - and how to dress for it.
- Knowledge of the sea: weather, waves, tides and currents.
- Safety at sea: charts, navigation, buoyage, communication and marine rules of the road.
- Rescues and the importance of teamwork.
- Paddling and maneuvering skills - the effects of wind, waves and current on boat behavior.
- Physical conditioning.
- Protection of the marine environment.
Seattle Sea Kayaking Basics Course Registration:Please review the course dates carefully and confirm that your schedule will permit you to attend ALL activities. Make-ups are not possible. No refunds will be made after the course starts.
The Seattle Basics Course includes 3 classroom sessions, one pool session, one Deep Water Skills session, and two qualifying student paddles. Each component must be successfully completed before moving to the next, and all requirem... More
This is no longer open for registration