Membership in The Mountaineers - Enriching the Community
When you join The Mountaineers, you join a community of thousands who share your passion to explore, connect, learn about and conserve the wildlands and waters of the Pacific Northwest. You gain direct access to hundreds of offerings throughout the year and throughout the region, as well as opportunities to grow and share your skills as a volunteer.
With your support, you empower The Mountaineers’ efforts with conservation and land preservation, as well as educating people of all ages about all things outdoors. As a member volunteer, you can learn to lead trips, coordinate climbs, help us host events, get involved in our conservation agenda, help children learn to belay? The possibilities are, quite literally, endless!
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all but $10 of your dues are tax-deductible. For your investment in The Mountaineers, you’ll receive:
Activities, Lectures, Trips/Travels and Events
- Special member prices for Mountaineers events (Banff Mountain Film Festival, Radical Reels, etc.)
- Special member prices for courses and seminars (First Aid, Navigation, Photography, etc.)
- Discount for overnight stays and programs at Baker Lodge, Meany Lodge, Stevens Lodge
- Discount travel with other Mountaineers both nationally and internationally
- Discount room rentals within The Mountaineers Program Center
- Access to The Mountaineers Getting Started Series
- Complimentary Hike Trackers and Climb Trackers for children
- Discount lift ticket coupons to Snoqualmie Summit (usually available from December to January)
- Invitations to special barbeque socials and lectures
- Access to the indoor climbing wall at The Mountaineers Program Center from 9-5 M-F (unless previously reserved)
Access to benefits from other outdoor organizations
Your benefits include shared member rates with three other outdoor organizations. You receive their member rates on several of their perks and benefits including mountain lodges.
- Volunteer vacations at our three backcountry lodges: Meany, Baker and Stevens
- Lectures and seminars with conservation leaders
- Citizen advocacy training
- Trail and fire lookout maintenance
- Environmental education programs for families
- Conservation On the Ground outings
- Leave No Trace Trainer courses and clinics
Books, Resources, and Publications
- 20% off Mountaineers Books titles. Log in to find out how to claim this discount.
- Invitations to Members Only Sale Nights at The Mountaineers Bookstore
- 10% off non-Mountaineers Books titles at The Mountaineers Bookstore
- 20% off USGS and Green Trails Maps at The Mountaineers Bookstore
- Subscription to Mountaineer, our bi-monthly publication
- Subscription to Routefinder, our monthly activity highlights e-newsletter
- Subscription to Conservation Currents, our monthly conservation e-newsletter
- Access to The Mountaineers Library (archives, historical documents, journals and publications) by appointment