All fees and other information effective as of July 1, 2009. Fees are
subject to change without notice.
To contact the Mountaineers History Committee,
- All rates are calculated as "per image" unless otherwise noted.
- Fee rates are adjusted at a 50% discount for non-profit 501(c)(3)
- Permission is for non-exclusive world use as part of a specified
work in a specified medium (usage category) in all languages and all
editions during the term of the work's copyright and all renewals.
- Publication in a different medium (usage category) constitutes reuse
and must be separately and/or explicitly authorized by The Mountaineers.
- In authorizing use, The Mountaineers do not surrender their right to
publish or their right to grant permission for others to do so.
- All reproductions must be credited to The Mountaineers.
- Prepayment of all fees, including use fees, is required before
permission is granted. Default in payment shall immediately revoke
- The user agrees to send The Mountaineers one copy, best edition, of
the work containing the reproduction at no charge.
- No charge for first half-hour of research time. Additional research
charged at the rate of $20 per hour (1/2 hour minimum).
- No charge for first two photocopied pages. $0.25 per copy after
- Fee to make a scan or digital photocopy - $10
- Please note that research charges are separate from duplication and
- 1st class U.S. mail (photocopies)
- Under 5 pages - $1.00
- 5-39 pages - $3.50
- 40-59 pages - $5.00
- CD/DVD burn (includes shipping costs, if within U.S.) - $10.00
- This category includes CD-ROM distribution; does not include
- Images used as book covers are calculated at 2x the fee rate.
- Fee rate is adjusted at 50% of listed price, for either non-profit
501(c)(3) organizations or book authors with self-published works under
- Under 2,999 copies - $20
- 3,000-9,999 copies - $30
- 10,000-24,999 copies - $60
- 25,000+ copies - $120
- Editorial usage online - $25
- Commercial or advertising usage online - $100
- Internet usage fee may be assessed in addition to other use fees
- Local use - $10/second
- National or world-wide use - $20/second